DIRECTOR OF GLOBAL MISSIONS & COMMUNITY IMPACT
DIRECTOR OF MINISTRIES WITH CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FOR MEMBERSHIP AND RECEPTION
Cheryl Haywood, Program Assistant
Kay Rivers Kidd, Pianist
Lucinda Meredith, Organist
Lauren Price, Director of Nursery and Childcare
email@example.com // 512-615-3136
Brandy Reimers, Assistant Director of Children’s Ministries
Nancy Russ, Executive Administrative Assistant
firstname.lastname@example.org // 512-615-2107
Mollie Schluter, Program Assistant
Kati Strong-Thompson, Director of Youth Music Ministry
Joey Thompson, Director of Youth Music Ministry
Celie Tijerina, Children’s Day Out Director
email@example.com // 512-478-2276
Kendra Gilts, Communication & Design Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org // 512-615-2101
Tammi Washington, Lead Custodian
The basic organizational plan for local United Methodist churches includes provision for multiple units charged with organizing the administrative and programmatic responsibilities of the local church. Each congregation shall provide a comprehensive program of nurture, outreach, and administration of the congregation’s organizational and temporal life, in accordance with the mission of the United Methodist Church.
Staff-Parish Relations Committee
The following is the purpose and a list of SPRC responsibilities as summarized by the United Methodist Church. Please contact email@example.com if you have a question or comment pertaining to a matter listed below.
This committee works with the lead pastor and other staff so that the staff effectively manages the ministry of the congregation for making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Responsibilities of the Committee
- The committee leads the congregation to encourage, strengthen, nurture, support, and respect the pastor(s) and staff and their families. It helps the staff set priorities that strengthen the congregation’s total ministry.
- The committee consults with the lead pastor to recommend staff positions to support the strategy of the church leadership team (administrative board, etc).
- The committee recommends staff compensation, travel, housing, and other financial matters to the administrative board through consultation with the finance committee. The finance committee includes the salary total in the budget, and the SPRC works with staff on allocation.
- The committee provides for annual evaluation of the pastor(s) and other staff for ongoing effective ministry.
- The committee creates and updates written policy for hiring, evaluating, promoting, retiring, and dismissing staff members who are not subject to episcopal appointment. (Procedures must comply with local and state laws). This policy is recommended to the administrative board for adoption.
- The committee oversees proper screening (including background checks) for lay employees and volunteer staff.
- The chairperson is the congregation’s primary connection with the district superintendent and bishop related to appointed leadership of the congregation.
- The committee meets with the district superintendent and/or the bishop in an advisory capacity related to clergy leadership.
- The committee enlists, evaluates, and annually recommends to the charge conference candidates for professional ministry.
For more information, please see: ¶258.2 of The Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church (2012).
Staff Parish Relations Committee
Rev. Bobbi Kaye Jones, Staff Representative for 2017
Mary McDonald, Chairperson for 2017 and lay delegate to Annual Conference
Thresa Nasi, Lay Leader for 2017
Harold Cain, Co-Lay Leader for 2017